Your privacy and security is very important to us and we look after the information we hold about you carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. We’ve set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
Who are we?
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” is to Realsafe Technologies Limited.
Realsafe Technologies Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (registered number is 08120770) with registered office at Northern Design Centre, Baltic Business Quarter, Gateshead NE8 3DF. VAT registration number is 138 336311. We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is Z3279705. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
What services does this policy cover?
What information do we collect?
What information we collect about you depends which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- your name, address, postcode, email address, date of birth, telephone number, payment details and service details (if applicable);
- information about your use of our Services including details of your domain name and internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you view, how long you stayed on a page, your navigation around the Services;
- clinical data that you may choose to store in the app in order to make full use of the crash detection functionality;
- other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services – for example when we ask you to fill in a survey or questionnaire;
- location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality (e.g. GPS). This is required by the REALRIDER® app for functionality including the recording of routes, sending you offers that are available in your area and user location by emergency services in the event of an accident.
When do we collect information?
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
- when you register for Services including without limitation when buying or subscribing for content from us or when you otherwise update your details;
- when you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- when you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- when you request to be sent communications such as updates or notifications;
- in monitoring your use of the Services including without limitation communications sent via and use of the Services;
- by accessing GPS functionality on your device for example, when collecting location data to send you offers we think will be of interest
- when the crash detection functionality is triggered, should you choose to use it;
- when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point.
Cookies and similar devices
How will we use your information?
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience. This may include personalising the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you and/or your activity on the Services;
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you, including the transmission to the emergency services of location and identification data and any medical data you choose to store in the app in the event that the crash detection function is triggered;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- to contact you with service messages. By way of example only, if any of the Services for which you have registered is no longer available, we may contact you to let you know that it has closed and inform you of any similar services offered by us and/or a third party partner on our behalf;
- where you are a prize winner, to administer the prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
None of the medical information you store in the app for the purposes of the crash detection function is stored by or accessible to us. It is stored transiently on our server in the event that the crash detection function is triggered solely for the purpose of communicating that data from your device to the emergency services.
Generally, we will only send you marketing messages (by which we mean messages not directly related to your existing use of our services) if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us; and
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- send you push notification messages to your mobile device about related special offers and products or services of selected third parties that might be of interest to you. Other message types may be considered for push notifications in the future. You can control which notifications you receive.
By choosing to interact with our services by SMS text message, you will be indicating that you consent to receiving marketing communications from us via SMS text message in respect of similar products and services. You can avoid receiving these communications by adding NO INFO at the end of your SMS.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in “Contact Details” below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us. This will not affect messages regarding your on-going use of our services.
To opt-out of receiving any such communications from a third party, you will need to contact the applicable third party. Please note that we are not responsible for the communications or the content of any communications you receive from any such third party.
To control and turn push notifications on or off on mobile, open the REALRIDER® app and tap on Profile in the navigation bar. Click on Settings and Notifications to control the notifications you would like to receive.
What about third parties?
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- to third parties authorised by us such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide will be published on areas of the Services such as where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available;
- to the emergency services in the event that you have enabled the crash detection function, which will include medical data in the event that you have chosen to make that available;
- where we have your consent to do so, to third party suppliers providing services you have requested following an accident or for marketing communications (see section on “Marketing Communications”);
- as part of general statistical information about the Services user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- if there are changes to our business (see section below on “Changes to our business”).
We may also display targeted advertisements based on the personal information that we hold. We do not provide your personal information to advertisers but advertisers and ad serving companies may assume that you meet the targeting criteria for that ad, for example men aged 35-50.
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage including without limitation third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services, which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of any transaction you may make using such services.
Service providers based outside the United Kingdom
We use certain third party companies to perform some functions of the Services on our behalf (for example sending e-mails to you or analysing data that is collected from the Services). These third parties are only allowed access to your information needed to perform these functions. They are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
Changes to our business
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information so that we can continue to effectively deliver the Services to you.
Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some of our companies’ assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of the Services), may be included in the assets that are transferred to the new owner.
What about security?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
Amending your information
Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update your login and password or other details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to amend your details then please contact us (see “Contact Us” section below). You must make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
If for any reason, any of the medical information you store in the App for the purposes of the crash detection functionality becomes out-of-date, please do correct it as soon as possible. Your life may depend upon it.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to realrider.com and click on Live Help.